Driving and parking in San Francisco is an absolute mess right now.
Construction for Super Bowl City, located in the Herman Plaza on the Embarcadero, is currently taking place, sending San Francisco into a city-wide gridlock. The general consensus right now: don’t drive.
Traffic map from 1/27/2016, 12:30 p.m. PST:
If you’re able to avoid driving from now till Super Bowl City is torn down (which is reported to be done by February 12), we’re so happy for you. But if you have to drive, you also have to consider parking.
Your best bet is off-street parking in garages or lots.
Book parking in advance so you know exactly where you’re going and can spend the least amount of time on the roads. We found some affordable parking locations to help you avoid the gridlock.
Click on the icons to compare prices and book parking:
San Francisco Driving Tips During The Super Bowl
- Street closures near Super Bowl City
- The Ferry Plaza – The Embarcadero southbound, from Washington Street to Don Chee Way
- Market Street east of Beale/Davis Streets
- Steuart Street from Market to Don Chee Way
- At Moscone Center, on Howard Street from 3rd to 4th Street
- Be prepared to walk, as you most likely won’t find parking right next to your destination
- Download the Waze app for the fastest routes and real-time traffic information
- Listen to a podcast or your favorite music. You’re going to be stuck in traffic, so make the best of it!