The 2017 Marine Corps Marathon is this Sunday, October 22nd! Runners from all 50 states and more than 50 countries will run this year’s race.
If you’re heading out to cheer on the runners, our advice is to get there early. If you know someone running, you can usually see them more than once, as long as you have your spectating strategy figured out ahead of time.
Check out our spectator’s guide for the top things you need to know, including your best bets for Marine Corps Marathon parking!
Marine Corps Marathon Course Map
Check out the course map in advance and keep it handy on race day.
Marine Corps Marathon Parking
Planning to drive on race day? Reserve parking with SpotHero before spots sell out. Here are your best bets for parking near Start, National Mall, final miles and Finish Festival:
|Lot Name||Rates Starting At||Reserve Parking||Close to|
|1530 Wilson Blvd||$17.95||Book Now!||Start, Mile 1-2|
|1310 N Courthouse Rd||$18.95||Book Now!||Start, Mile 1-2|
|1776 Wilson Blvd||$21.95||Book Now!||Start, Mile 1-2|
|1220 E St NW||$20||Book Now!||
|1325 G St NW||$20||Book Now!||
|1301 S Joyce St||$23.95||Book Now!||Mile 22-23|
|2361 S Clark St – Century Center Garage||$16.95||Book Now!||Mile 23|
Click here for a full list of road closures during the race.
Schedule of Events
7:45am: MCM Wheelchair and Hand Cycle Start
7:55am: MCM Start with with the color guard, national anthem, special guests and international flags from all nations represented in the field
8am – 3pm: MCM Finish Festival in downtown Rosslyn
You can find more information on the entire weekend schedule here.
Top 5 Locations to See the Runners:
- Location #1: Kick off the day by watching the opening ceremonies at the MCM Start Line on Route 110 in Arlington, Virginia. Access this location by Metro using Rosslyn or Pentagon Station.
- Location #2: After the start, take a leisurely stroll across the Arlington Memorial Drive to the Lincoln Memorial in DC. Here you’ll be able to see runners at mile 10 and later, mile 16.
- Location #3: From the Lincoln Memorial, head east on Independence Avenue, past the Washington Monument to access the National Mall. Along with the world-famous Smithsonian museums, you’ll see runners at miles 17-19.
- Location #4: Next, hop on the Metro via the Smithsonian station and head to the Crystal City Station. You’ll see all the action at miles 22 and 23, plus engage in a variety of activities at Crystal City Family Festival, including live music, and plenty of fun activities in this family-friendly spectator location.
- Location #5: For the final leg of your journey, head over to the legendary Marine Corps War Memorial and the MCM Finish Line. Take Metro to Rosslyn or the MCM shuttle from 23rd Street in Crystal City. The finish line offers bleacher seating to watch the final ascent and push to the finish. Plan to reunite with runners in the family link up area at the Finish Festival in Rosslyn.
For more information, check out the official MCM site here.
Good luck to all the runners!