Last Updated on
Looking to reserve a monthly parking spot? There is a lot to consider when purchasing monthly parking, from amenities to location to cost. If you’re starting to research monthly parking options, you’ve come to the right place. When you use SpotHero for monthly parking, you can compare rates and amenities easily online.
Below you will find our guide on how to find a monthly parking spot that works for you!
Step 1: Compare Monthly Parking Locations, Pricing, and Amenities
When you begin your search for a monthly parking spot, start by comparing location, cost, and amenities to decide what’s most important to you:
Although there are many amenities to consider, location is a good place to start. Do you need monthly parking in a specific neighborhood or area? Consider how far you’re willing to walk. If you’re flexible to walk a few blocks, it frees you up to consider other amenities. On the other hand, if you want to park on a specific street, that narrows your search down.
Explore monthly parking options near you to get a sense of what locations are available in your desired area.
Compare monthly parking rates easily on SpotHero’s website. You can get a sense of how much you can expect to pay in a given neighborhood. Keep in mind that rates can vary quite a bit depending on the parking facility’s amenities.
- Self Park – Ability to park on your own
- Valet – Attendant will park and retrieve your car
- Covered Parking – Parking inside a garage
- Mobile Pass Accepted – Ability to scan at location
- 24/7 – Access the parking facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Daytime only – Great option if you drive to work but don’t need to park overnight
- Nights & weekends – Great option if you need to park overnight and throughout the weekend
- Storage – Safe and secure storage if you want to drop off your car for an extended amount of time
Pro Tip: You can filter your search by amenities, and additional information will be under Things You Should Know.
Step 2: Compare important differentiators between spots
- Additional One Time Fees – You may have to pay a one-time fee directly to the parking facility for the following:
- Access Pass – Key fob, transponder, or hang tag to redeem reservation
- Activation Fee – Paid to location to honor monthly reservation
- Vehicle Types – Your monthly rate may vary if you own an SUV, oversized vehicle or exotic vehicle
Step 3: Book your monthly parking spot
- Start Date – Some facilities allow you start parking at anytime in the month, while others restrict you to start either on the 1st or 15th. SpotHero does not prorate, so be sure to check the details of specific locations to determine if immediate parking is available.
- Monthly Subscriptions – Your monthly spot will renew each month automatically. Your card will continue to be charged each month until you contact us to cancel the spot. You can cancel at any time but your monthly spot will be valid through the end of the billing cycle.
- Non-recurring – In a non-recurring monthly parking spot, you will pay SpotHero during the first month. After that month, you will then pay the parking facility directly.
- Intro Rate – Some monthly parking spots offer an intro rate for first-time customers–it’s a promotional rate set by the parking garage good for a limited period of time. You can find more info in the spot details of specific locations.
Step 4: Park with confidence
- Application Process
IMPORTANT: After you reserve your monthly parking spot, you will receive a confirmation email from SpotHero. Some spots will require you to complete an application before you can being parking. If your spot requires one, your confirmation email will include instructions on how to complete the application process for your monthly parking spot.
- Redemption Process – check your parking pass for redemption instructions. Parking facilities vary, but the most common ways to redeem your spot are by:
- License Plate – the parking facility is monitored by your license plate. Make sure your license plate is entered correctly on your confirmation!
- Parking Sticker – the facility will give you a sticker to display on your windshield
- Access Pass – the facility will give you a key fob to go in and out of the garage
Looking for monthly parking in Chicago, New York or San Francisco?
Check out these city guides for more locations and information:
If you still have questions, give us a call at 844-324-7768 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our customer heroes are available 6am-11pm CST any day of the week.
Your SpotHero Questions Answered
You may also find these posts helpful: