Last Updated on
Contrary to popular belief, SOFA Chicago is not an event for sofa enthusiasts. It’s one of Chicago’s longest continually running art fairs. SOFA is short for Sculptures, Objects, and Functional Art. The big three-day event returns to Navy Pier this weekend. Here’s what you need to know.
Dates and Times
- Thursday, November 5, 2015: 5 – 9 pm | Reserve Parking
- Friday, November 6, 2015: 11 am – 7 pm | Reserve Parking
- Saturday, November 7, 2015: 11 am – 7 pm | Reserve Parking
- Sunday, November 8, 2015: 12 – 6 pm | Reserve Parking
You can buy event tickets online here. Tickets start at $20/day.
5 Fast Facts
- 70+ dealers and 35,000 people attend SOFA Chicago.
- SOFA Chicago recently placed #7 in the USA Today Reader’s Choice 10 Best Art Events, after a nationwide competition.
- There’s art from galleries from countries all over the world, including France, Scotland, Norway, Australia, and more.
- A new floorplan creates a more open and cohesive layout, allowing visitors to explore the fair in a more engaging way.
- Dozens of lectures let attendees hear firsthand artists’ inspiration and process.
Transportation and Parking
CTA: Plan your trip to Navy Pier with the CTA Trip Planner.
Taxi: Navy Pier has three taxi drop-off and pick-up points. If you like a long walk, ask to be dropped at the front of the Pier. Otherwise, ask to be dropped off at Entrance 1 or 2 on the north side of the Pier — those drop-off points are closest to SOFA.
Trolley: A free trolley runs between Navy Pier and State Street, along Grand Avenue and Illinois Street during SOFA CHICAGO general admission. Trolley service begins at 1 pm runs until 7 pm on Friday and Saturday; and 2 – 6 pm on Sunday. Trolleys typically run every 20 minutes, pick-up points are indicated by ‘Navy Pier Trolley Stop’ signs along the route. See the trolley route map below.