Last Updated on
The Taste of DC is right around the corner! DC’s largest food, beer, and wine festival takes place over Columbus Day weekend, and you won’t want to miss it. This year’s Taste of DC has something for everyone, with 60 restaurants and more than 100 specialty beers and wines, plus live music, culinary demos, and the sixth annual chili eating competition!
Here are 7 things to know before you go!
Saturday, October 8th from 1 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Sunday, October 9th from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
If you’re driving to Taste of DC, save yourself some time by planning ahead! Use SpotHero to compare parking rates and reserve your spot in advance.
Festival Entrance: located at 7th St NW & Pennsylvania Avenue NW. This entrance will be used for the redemption of pre-purchased tickets and day-of ticket sales.
VIP Festival Entrance: located at 3rd St NW & Pennsylvania Avenue NW. This entrance will be used for the redemption of VIP Tastemaker and Tastemaker Plus tickets.
2016 Restaurants, Breweries & Wineries:
A full list of participating restaurants, breweries and wineries can be found here. Priced between $1 and $3, tasting items will be offered by every restaurant, in addition to select menu favorites available for $8 or less. Though some restaurants accept credit/debit cards, Taste of DC recommends bringing plenty of cash.
There are 4 different ticketing options at this year’s Taste of DC:
General Admission Tickets include:
- Admission to the festival
- One drink voucher for a beverage in Restaurant Row, the Bier Garten or Wine Walk
- A $10 voucher valid at all Capital Restaurant Concept Ltd. locations, which include J-Pauls, Paolo’s Ristorante, Neyla Mediterranean Bistro, Old Glory Bar-B-Que and Georgia Brown’s
- Ability to purchase tastings from more than 60 restaurants in Restaurant Row
- All-day entertainment at the Main Stage and Beats & Eats Stage
- Cooking demonstrations at the Culinary Stage
Drink Lovers Tickets include everything General Admission tickets offer, plus:
- Sample all of your favorite beverages in your new commemorative Taste of DC 2016 cup
- $25 worth of beverage tickets, redeemable in the Bier Garten, Wine Walk or Beverage Pods
VIP Tastemaker Tickets include everything Drink Lovers tickets offer, plus:
- Private festival entrance courtesy of MGM National Harbor
- Lounge seating for you and your friends
- Exclusive access to the Specialty Cocktail corner bar, featuring the region’s best mixologists
- Luxurious Illy coffee drinks
VIP Tastemaker Plus Tickets include everything VIP Tastemaker tickets offer, plus:
Your choice of one of five curated, expert-led hour-long programs that pair wine, beer, and spirits with high-end comestibles. Only 100 seats per session are available, so secure your spot before it gets gobbled up. You can find more details here.
How Tickets Work:
All restaurant row eateries accept cash, and some accept credit or debit cards. For select beverages, you’ll need beverage tickets, which can be purchased at the festival entrance or on-site ticket booths.
This handy chart tells you when you need a ticket and when you can use cash.
Nothing goes with tasty eats and delicious drinks like live music and entertainment. Here are the lineups for the main stage and Beats & Eats stage.
1:00pm–1:30pm Batala Washington
1:30pm-2:15pm Cheaper than Therapy
2:15pm–2:30pm Georgetown Phantoms
2:30pm–3:00pm Ben’s Chili Bowl Chili Eating Competition MILITARY
3:00pm–3:45pm Ben’s Chili Bowl Chili Eating Competition CHAMPIONSHIP
3:45pm-4:00pm Take Note A Cappella
4:00pm–4:45pm Cheaper than Therapy
5:00pm–5:45pm Billy Winn
6:00pm–8:00pm The Fishermen Band
11:00am – 12:00pm The Piranhas
12:00pm – 12:45pm Turtle Recall
12:45pm–1:00pm DC Bhangra Crew
1:00pm–2:45pm 7 Deadlies
2:45pm–3:00pm Beyond Limits Dance Ensemble
4:00pm–4:45pm Capitol Hillbillies
Beats & Eats Stage:
1:00pm–1:45pm Demi Day
1:45pm – 2:00pm Treble in Paradise
2:00pm–2:45pm DJs Pork n Beans
3:00pm–3:45pm Micro Massive
4:00pm-4:45pm Jodeci Milhouse
5:00pm–5:45pm Dan McGuire Group
6:00pm–8:00pm DJ Julian Rivera
11:30am–1:00pm DJ Julian Rivera
1:00pm–1:45pm Heather LaRose
1:45pm – 2:00pm Treble in Paradise
3:45pm–4:00pm Beyond Limits Dance Ensemble
4:00pm–6:00pm Words Beats and Life
For more information on the festival, check out the full schedule of events here!