How to Survive Parking in the City this Holiday Season
Since 2005, Black Friday has been the busiest shopping day of the year with over 71 million shoppers. This year, retailers around the nation are facing fierce competition and kicking off the holiday season with early sales featuring many steals and deals beginning on Thursday, Thanksgiving day evening. In order to compete with the competition, retailers are ringing in the holidays with spectacular savings and retailer’s parking lots are an accident waiting to happen. According to Progressive Insurance, 25% of Black Friday accidents claims occur in parking lots. Shoppers in the city, can avoid parking catastrophes by using SpotHero, we offer a large and convenient online parking inventory.
Shoppers on the hunt for a great deal should plan their shopping strategy in advance and consider parking options. To avoid the madness and chaos of the crowded city and to prevent accidents and parking issues this Thanksgiving, SpotHero recommends finding and securing a parking spot in advance. Drivers can visit SpotHero, to find affordable parking options around the city.
Stores Participating in Pre-Black Friday Sales
- Walmart will be kicking off Black Friday by opening its doors at 8:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day, on Thursday, Nov. 22, 2012.
- Kmart will be opening their doors at 8:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving and will have special deals at different times.
- Toys R Us will also open at 8:00 p.m. on Thanksgiving.
- Sears will be opening at 8:00 p.m. Thanksgiving Day.
- Target will be opening their doors at 9:00 p.m. Thanksgiving Day.
- Shopko will also be opening up at 9:00 p.m. on Thursday.
For more information on surviving holiday shopping in the city, check out SpotHero’s Magnificent Mile Holiday Guide.